Heater core replacement gone bad

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza' started by Superu99, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Superu99

Superu99

I had a leaking heater core in my 05 Impreza 2.5RS, so I got a replacement and started tearing into my dash. About an hour later I had the entire dash removed. I successfully installed the replacement heater core and put everything back together. After I finished buttoning everything back up I reconnected the negative battery terminal. Heater works only on fan setting 4 and now I have a host of new problems. When I turn the key forward to the 'ON' (not running) position the relays on the passenger side start clicking and the cooling fan starts to run for a few seconds at a time, shuts off and repeats. BUT WAIT, theres more! When I start the car I have a FLASHING check engine light. I pulled the code and they are the following:
    P1518
    P0851
    P1152
    P1153
    P0137
    P0502
    I had 0 Check Engine lights when I started, car was fine besides the heater core. I looked up some of the codes and 2 are for heated o2 sensor and starter relay, so I'm wondering if I didn't spill some coolant on the starter and o2 sensor when I was pulling the heater core lines from the firewall and mess something up. Maybe not. Wtf is going on here? Need help ASAP, thanks in advance.

Superu99, Mar 11, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question