GREAT TRADE-IN ON 2019

Reaction score
We bought a leftover New 2019 Legacy Limited in November 2019... last one on the lot...paid cash for it.. 27,500.
loaded with everything but heated steering wheel.

since we drive 2 other cars, we only have 6500 miles on the 2019. 2 reasons for low mileage: [one having a 2002 forester with 200K Miles and a 1992 Toyota pickup which we just turned over 100K....2.. work from home.

Anyways, wanted to trade in on a 2022 Legacy limited.. things being what they are right now in the upside down world of used car values, the dealership gave us 700.00 less than we paid for the 2019 back in 11/2019...
couldn't pass it up....our car plus 6K on a 22 loaded limited...couldn't budge them on MSRP price... no problem..can't win it all...

although the car is still like brand new in miles driven and appearance, it seems like we just bought the car and already the 2023's are around the corner which will make our car 4-5 yrs old very soon.. [ In car speak years]....

So, seemed like the best time to make a move because used cars prob will not increase forever in value as time goes on..
have to wait till August as car is being built as we speak..

decided also to stick with the 2.5 engine and not pay xtra for the sport or turbo model..
2.5 has been around for 25 yrs or so and is a proven engine..
the newer smaller turbo engines are probably fine but not been around long enough for me to feel as comfortable as i do with the 2.5. this will be our 7th subaru....couple 2.2 models and the rest 2.5.
I read that the turbo is so much faster 0-60 than the 2.5...
that's fine but I don't go around racing people on the highway so having a turbo with extra horsepower is something I'm not going to regret not buying... the 2019 was[is] fast enough for us..

Last edited:

Ask a Question