GPS QUESTION

Reaction score
Hi ;I am new here . bought my first Subaru Crosstrek one year ago. love it! My daughter has the same car too. I am not good with computer or phone techy stuff. I just want to be able to use my GPS AND have it speak to me while I am driving. It will speak when I first start but then it doesn't talk anymore. I am using my iphone with Google maps or the other "maps" on my phone. Any help is most appreciated . Like I said though ;techy stuff and terminology escapes me!! Thanks!

Oh, where to even begin... First, you never mentioned the years of either vehicle, which matters. If they are newer, like less than 3-4yrs old, they should have Apple CarPlay/Android Auto capability. If so, all you do is plug the big part of the USB cable into either USB port UNDER THE RADIO (not the armrest, as they charge only) and the other end into your phone. You may be initially prompted to set up/allow the connection, then the big ol display in the car can display certain apps from your phone, like any maps app and most music streaming apps. That said, if you are using the car system, there will be icons for speech/sound right on the display. You can also access sound settings from your phone app. I personally hate spoken directions, or anything that interrupts my music. I just need to pay attention to the screen to avoid missing turns. If you're NOT using the car's system, all these settings are in the maps app you are using. Good luck! And don't be afraid to just sit in the car for a while getting acquainted with all your controls and settings. It's a whole different car once you personalize everything

Thank you for your "broken down "version of "how to". I ll try this for my ride home from work today. Most Appreciated sir! [by the way it is a 2021].

Thank you for your "broken down "version of "how to". I ll try this for my ride home from work today. Most Appreciated sir! [by the way it is a 2021].
Hi ;I am new here . bought my first Subaru Crosstrek one year ago. love it! My daughter has the same car too. I am not good with computer or phone techy stuff. I just want to be able to use my GPS AND have it speak to me while I am driving. It will speak when I first start but then it doesn't talk anymore. I am using my iphone with Google maps or the other "maps" on my phone. Any help is most appreciated . Like I said though ;techy stuff and terminology escapes me!! Thanks!

I have a 2021 Crosstrek Limited with Starlink. I just went out to my garage and plugged my iPhone into the cable that is under the radio and touched the APPS icon on the screen for ApplePlay and my entered an address into the google GPS from my iPhone immediately started giving me voice directions to the address. I didn't know it was this easy so I'm pleased that you asked this question because now i can use it! Thanks.

Ask a Question