Got This Weird Blinking Light That Won't Go Away!

Reaction score
Hello! Well, I finally bought that Subaru Legacy that I'd been looking at. However, as things have turned out, I took delivery on a complicated new vehicle on just about the worst day of the year to start anything new with Subaru. The dealer is closed; Subaru is closed, and I can't figure out what this weird red flashing light is between the two dials on the dashboard display?

The radio also seems to be on all of the time and has no on/off switch; only a screen that asks me if I want to turn the display off. Apparently I can mute the radio, but I cannot turn it off, and this blinking red light comes on when I turn the vehicle off and simply continues to blink and blink.

So far I've perused a couple of hundred pages in the owner's and 'getting started' manuals, but no luck! The flashing red symbol looks like a picture of a lock on the right, and (maybe) half of the frontal view of a car on the left, but it goes on and off so fast that I can't be sure. I found a picture of this icon on page #35 of the 'Getting Started' guide. It's that little symbol at the 5:00 o'clock position next to the left side dial face. That's it, though! Subaru gives no explanation of this symbol anywhere in either of the two vehicle manuals I've gone through.

I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL TO ANYONE WHO CAN EXPLAIN EITHER OR BOTH OF THESE TWO PROBLEMS TO ME BEFORE THE LOCAL SUBARU DEALER OPENS AGAIN ON TUESDAY MORNING. THANK YOU!

I think you are talking about the lock/unlock light. There is a section in your manual that addresses all the lights in one section. Good luck.

Ask a Question