Fuel rail and injectors. Help please

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2005 Subaru impreza wrx. I noticed that fuel was leaking on top of my engine the other day and brought it to a shop for a quick fix thinking it was just a line or the injectors needed a new o ring kit. The shop said that the injectors were loose in the fuel rail and that they changed the o rings and the front stopped leaking but the rear decided to start leaking. They said that the injectors seemed as if they were too small for the fuel rail. Anyone have any thoughts on this? The previous owner had a built sti motor in it but took it out and out a wrx motor in it but left some bolt on sti parts. Could this be a faulty fuel rail or are the injectors non compatible with a sti fuel rail or vice versa. Thanks for the help.

Likely non compatible fuel rail, "O" rings and injectors.
You will need to match the original engine code with the installed engine code (variant model) and find the correct components to match the installed engine.
Do it yesterday before it burns to the ground and shame on the original owner.

Likely non compatible fuel rail, "O" rings and injectors.
You will need to match the original engine code with the installed engine code (variant model) and find the correct components to match the installed engine.
Do it yesterday before it burns to the ground and shame on the original owner.
Luckily I do not plan on driving it until I get this fixed. I assumed they were incompatible injectors or fuel rails but wanted to get a second opinion. I do know that these are very finicky things and only fit into the fuel rail a certain way so maybe the mechanic just doesn't fully know what to do with them. I know sometimes you need someone who specializes in these engines to work on them. I'm hoping to get this fixed this weekend.

Post your success story and try these tools as an aid for diagnosis.

Attachments

• Older SSM Protocol Diagnostics.txt
    937 bytes · Views: 4

Ask a Question