Fuel injector differences 1991 manual

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a bad fuel injector and im trying to figure out how to get a replacement, i have a code for injector #2, I checked the resistance and it was 13.6 ohms, from what ive been reading it should be between 10-11. I have been unable to find any reference numbers to get the part number off of the injector itself.

The only injector i was able to find aside from going through subaru was the high flow used ones that one would find on ebay part number ending in 120, when i installed it, the car would flood and stall, once it hydrolocked and filled the exhaust with fuel and i think it killed my cat.

So my question is how do i tell the difference between the injectors, I just have the standard factory black top injectors which i think were only used on N/A manual cars from 1990-91 when i checked the resistance of the new injector it was at 8.6 ohms, I got 2 so i could have a spare and it tested out the same, so either my multimeter is not working correctly or both the new and old injectors are all out of spec.

I'm also wondering if i just need to replace all 4 injectors so the computer can compensate, im just kind of going through all of the fuel system one piece at a time. I need to get the fuel system all sorted because im putting a frankenmotor together right now that i plan to put in after this race season.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the wall of text i'm just not sure where to go next and im hoping the subaru hivemind can help me out now.

Firstly and most importantly, what are the faults that were recorded.
An engine controller can exhibit similar faults. To correctly measure an injector, a 20:1 attenuator is required with an oscilloscope to measure injector performance. A defective ECM will hold an injector open.
The image is a "known good" injector test. Stuck / seized or plugged injectors will also create grief. Test the fuel system pressure and match to the service manual.

Attachments

• fuel-injector-circuit-voltage.jpg
    fuel-injector-circuit-voltage.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question