Fresh meat here... and already a question!

Reaction score
Hey all,.. just joined (no idea why I haven't before). Currently my Subaru stable is small.. just the 2017 Forester Limited that I bought for my wife's birthday 3 years ago.

Will be asking questions on that.. and already have one! Her A/C went warm and of course, we got that letter from Subaru saying there was an issue with the Condensor... well.. long story short, just bad luck that a rock had somehow hit the bottm and broken it so.. no warrantee repair /sigh.

I picked up another condensor for about $70 from Rock auto (warranteed etc) and want to install it but see no instructions for it anywhere... Looks simple (remove radiator brackets and lean it back?) but want to see any "gotchas". Also (*WHAT? - Another Question? So NEEDY!") is there any OEM or aftermarket lower bumper mesh guard available? Or do I fab my own? I don't mind fabbing but if there's something out there.. I'll throw money at it.

I can buy stuff for the car I always drive (E63 AMG wagon) for that express purpose but don't see anything for the Subies.

Thanks!

Ask a Question