First Subaru

LJF

Reaction score
After 40 years of pickups I finally bought a 2017 Forester. The price of pickups is out of control and I heard such good things about Subaru's the last few years. I decided to give one a try. So far I love it, a real joy to drive. I find myself driving 50 miles to pick up a loaf of bread. Some of the forums have me worried , oil consumption and other issues, but as one guy put it. You only hear the complaints on the forums. Hoping I bought a good one. It is Certified Pre-Owned so it came with 7 yr powertrain warranty and a lifetime engine warranty.

The only problem I have had with my Subaru is if the gas cap isn’t turned the right way the Cruise control light would blink on and off, the engine light turned on, and the traction control light would turn on. Which kept the cruise control from working and when I pressed the traction control button the traction control light wouldn’t turn off.

Congrats on your new ride. The price of some of the new pickup trucks is outrageous. My dad regrets selling his 2007 F150 because new trucks are just too pricey.

Ask a Question