Excessive knock when engine is cold

Reaction score
I have an 18 subaru impreza the thing is i just noticed it when i started it up at kfc on route 57 in liverpool it has excessive knocking no bloody check enging light which is a good thing but just knocks excessively when ice cold i put fuel injector cleaner in it every other tankful and gas line antifreeze in it to keep it from freezing up on our cold nights in syracuse its only goin up to 65 for a daytime high and it dips down into thr upper 40's by night and it knocked pretty good when i started her up it was ice cold engine and she knocked quite a bit went away in a few minutes am pullin the plugs out when i get some where thats safe and dry because i noticed the boots on the plugs r sticking out at odd angles and im figuring out that the plugs that r in there r the wrong ones theyre probably stripped in the holes or something and im goin to have a major fight with the spark plugs dont want to spend 320$ at the subie dealer to have them pulled also goin to do the oil change myself if im lucky enough to get the plug out of the pan the last knucklehead ran the plug into the pan with a air gun and i stripped the nut to hell had to take it to the dealer and they put a new oil pan on for me no charge

Ask a Question