Engine hesitation 2020 outback xt

Reaction score
2020 outback xt. I have experienced a hesitation in acceleration of 1 to 2 seconds when turning left from a dead stop in front of oncoming traffic. From a dead stop, when I try to "gun" it, there is no response. Pretty scary when traffic is approaching! This is my first Subaru, is this normal for the Boxter engine?

Engine stop-start kicking in? My 2020 crosstrek engine dies when sitting on stop light but comes alive again when release the brake,weird feeling,wonder the long term effect on condition of the car?

No, it's not that, thanks. Actually I need to correct myself, the hesitation is from a slow roll, not from a dead stop like I had mentioned earlier. The auto start/stop really sucks so I drive with the rear window defroster switched on all the time.

I have the same issue. Just bought a 2020 Outback with 45,000 miles on it. I always notice the hesitation while accelerating from a slow roll into a left turn. It will persist for a few seconds, but if I let off the gas and press again it usually cooperates normally.
What do we need to do to fix this?

Ask a Question