Electric Windows Issue

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2013 Subaru Legacy DIT and had issues with the electric windows. When I first got the car the driver's door mirror and all windows worked.

The driver's door mirror and the window stopped at the same time and now all the other windows have stopped working. I can't believe all 4 motors have gone as got them working and then they stopped again.

I live in Jamaica so parts are not as easy to get to. Local garages not being much help an will charge a fortune to just not fix it.

Has anyone got any suggestions as apart from this the car is fantastic?

Do the windows not work at all? If so, it's possible a fuse has blown. I'd check your manual to try to figure out which fuse controls the power windows.

If they move, but don't auto-run to the top or bottom and your battery recently died, you have to re-calibrate them. I've had it happen a few times. This video describes how to fix it, but basically you roll the window all the way up and, once it hits the very top, keep holding the button "up" for 3-5 seconds and it should re-calibrate.

This video describes a "click," which my 2018 Legacy doesn't do, but the calibration still works for me.

Sometimes after disconnecting my battery my auto-down feature will stop working temporarily, and the passenger door window stops working completely. The only thing that's worked for me is, unfortunately, just using the car until both problems somehow resolve themselves.

Nighthawk has a good point, you should check fuses, but potentially a few additional engine cycles may be all that's needed to resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Ask a Question