door locks shorting fuse

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2011 Tribeca w/ less than 110,000 KMs. When I try to unlock the doors using either the key fob, or the door buttons, it shorts the lock fuse, resulting in the electronic locks un-operable. When I change the fuse then try to unlock with key it is fine, locking it is also fine, but when again unlocking will blow the fuse.

My friend who is a mechanic checked all the door wiring harness, one by one and the back cargo door, everything looks good. Except when you unlock the doors it blows the fuse. He thinks it is the Integrated Unit module.

Subaru dealership quoted me ~ $800 for the part, with about 3-4hrs labour. In addition, they need to also diagnose the problem to ensure it is the Integrated Unit Module (who knows how many hrs).

If it is the Integrated Module Unit, any tips on how to remove/access it, is it center console? Also how to program the Module, some videos on youtube on how to download/read the code off of the original and upload to the donor (new module). Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

You need to indicated the correct version to identify the correct schematic.
You need to indicate the correct fuse rating and number in the fuse panel.
With an equal rating "resetable fuse" in place, unlock the system and look at the current draw of the fuse (using an AMP clamp)
If the AMP reading is higher than the fuse rating , then one or more door actuators may be defective.
Each door actuator can be bench tested and have its amperage rating recorded.
Your "mechanic" should be able to disable all the door actuators.
Activate the unlocks again, the amperage rating at the AMP clamp should be less than the fused rating because all five actuators are disconnected.
If the amperage rating is still high, the Integrated Unit Module is either defective or another circuit is defective.
That's why a correct schematic is required.

Versions.png

Ask a Question