Disabling all wheel drive

Reaction score
Greetings - I have a 2010 Forester with the automatic tranny. Per owners manual, in the event I have a flat and need to put on the donut, I’m supposed to plug a spare fuse into the fuse box below the steering column. This disables the AWD but what exactly happens when you insert that fuse? Does it knock out rear wheel drive or front? Is heathers an electronic clutch or something like that that gets activated? Aside from losing the value of asymmetrical AWD, is there any problem with driving like this for long periods of time? Would you expect a mileage boost? Thanks for any info. The owners manual has no details about what happens. Thanks.

Greetings - I have a 2010 Forester with the automatic tranny. Per owners manual, in the event I have a flat and need to put on the donut, I’m supposed to plug a spare fuse into the fuse box below the steering column. This disables the AWD but what exactly happens when you insert that fuse? Does it knock out rear wheel drive or front? Is heathers an electronic clutch or something like that that gets activated? Aside from losing the value of asymmetrical AWD, is there any problem with driving like this for long periods of time? Would you expect a mileage boost? Thanks for any info. The owners manual has no details about what happens. Thanks.
i owned many Subaru but not your years
keep me updated
i never heard

Ask a Question