Difference between 2022 and 2023 Legacy Premium?

Reaction score
Hi to all,
I visited about a month ago Subaru dealership and decided to buy 2023 Legacy Premium. Couldn't find anything on the lot, and used cars were or more expensive than new ones or not worth buying - with couple hundreds more you get new car.
In the dealership they still didn't have all info about the 2023 so the paperwork and some numbers were based on 2022 model.
According to the guy, the MSRP is $27,700 for 2023 Legacy Premium.
Please, help me to NOT pay some "package" or "features" that are now Standard in 2023. Like EyeSight, according the paeg https://www.subaru.com/2023-legacy.html is now standard, as well as StarLink to be able to remotely start/heat the car over winter.

Thanks for any help,
Afan

I have a 2022 Legacy Limited XT. Some of the differences I see between the '23 and my '22 are:
  • '23 Supports Wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play. My '22 is wired support only.
  • '23 Has Automatic Emergency Steering. My '22 will not perform any evasive steering maneuvers
  • '23 says USB ports in the rear and mentions USB-C. My ports on the '22 are all USB-A, I do not recall if there are ports for the rear seats in mine, I am never in the back seat of the car.
  • Looks like some minor cosmetic changes to the front.
Everything else seems to be about the same. The EyeSight features are pretty much standard, looks like the Automated Emergency Steering is the feature you would get on a '23 and not on a '22.
If you care about the StarLink Remote Services check to see if there are any telematics laws in your state of residence that would restrict your access to certain features. In Massachusetts the StarLink Remote Services for my '22 are unavailable... I think because of something to do with the right to repair law.
Overall I enjoy my Legacy, there are some quirks with the infotainment system that pop up here and there but I have never come across a car infotainment system I liked anyway.

I also ordered a 2023 Legacy Premium around in mid August after comparing 2022 vs 2023 and also the Limited models. I was happy with the basic option package for $1000 with the Premium which had everything I wanted. I didn't care for the sunroofs etc anyway. Now waiting for the car to come in. Was supposed to come in last Friday but now delayed for another month.

Ask a Question