Cracked Tail Light Lens

Reaction score
My 2016 Forester's passenger side tail light got hit somewhere. The clear lens cover is cracked but nothing else. My dealer says I can only buy the full tail light assembly for $280 which seems crazy since it's just the cover.

Anyone know if that lens can be bought separately?

You might try a site such as www.row52.com. I have found it near impossible to get a "puller" registered on the site, though, to respond to my requests for parts. Also have found it impossible to get responses to my listings for parts, for sale, on that site. A 2016 is still "late model" so you might have to wait until a few trickle into yards, and do a nationwide search. www.car-part.com is another locater.

You might try a site such as www.row52.com. I have found it near impossible to get a "puller" registered on the site, though, to respond to my requests for parts. Also have found it impossible to get responses to my listings for parts, for sale, on that site. A 2016 is still "late model" so you might have to wait until a few trickle into yards, and do a nationwide search. www.car-part.com is another locater.
I spoke to Subaru directly, they said the tail light cover is only sold as part of a complete tail light. Not what I wanted to hear but they gave me the part number. Approx $115 on Amazon.

but thx

The vast majority of yards will react the same way, most likely. They will want to sell the whole tail light assembly, not just the lense. Many U Pull It's put late models in a premiere area, and would act the same. Definition of late models may vary, down here it is 2012 up, elsewhere may be different.

Ask a Question