Control Arm Bushing

Reaction score
I own a 2017 Subaru Forester. My brother also owns a 2017 Subaru Forester. He recently had to bring his car in for service because the control arm bushing was messed up. If he went 55 miles per hour or higher the left front tire would start shuddering. Now my car (also a 2017 Subaru Forester) is having the same issue. Is this an unfortunate coincidence or is this a common problem? I just brought my car in today for service. My brother brought his car in for the second time because it’s still happening.

In my experience, front control arm bushings and rear bearing hubs are common wear parts. I buy the whole new Moog control arm with bushings rather than mess with replacing bushings only. It's a simple bolt in part this way.

Any and all control arms / bolts MUST be torqued with the vehicle total weight sitting on a surface.
Surfaces include a drive-on-rack or wheels on a safe / raised surface to access the mounting bolts.
Torquing a control arm bushing in its lowered position will tear the bushing when sitting on its own weight.

Ask a Question