clunking noise from front end

Reaction score
I am getting a loud clunking noise from the front end of my 2005 Baja. It only seems to do it when I am pulling into a driveway or driving on uneven ground, such as my yard. Seems like it does it when the car is "rocking".

I have already replaced the struts, strut mounts, lower ball joints, sway bar end links and sway bar bushings. None of this stopped the clunking noise. Any idea what may be causing this to continue to happen or what I can replace that I havent already?? Its driving me crazy

thats good ! shimmys not good....not sure what it would be..you have done what i would have...sorry

Do you get the clucking when u turn or going straight ? if so usually the Axle is going or just no grease if your lucky .. check the axles for play and ripped shaft boots ... If its been going on long replace is better than re-grease if they're dry ...

Hi. I have the clunking noise AFTER mechanic that installed new brake pads told me the boot on axle was busted and pouring fluid. After the new axle was installed the clunking sound was only when I turned hard left and accelerated. Then it got worse. Today he installed another NEW axle and when I picked it up, the clunking was still there, although much less noticeable. He says he will order another one from different parts store.

Maverick

I had that clunking sound in my 1992 SVX. It had to do with the way the struts in the
front fit. Now this is a long time ago but somewhere at the top of where the strut is mounted the hole accepting the strut was not round. It was slightly oval and the strut would slide and clunk when I made certain turns. They fixed it and never had the porblem again.

Ask a Question