Check enginer light over the weekend but now gone?

Reaction score
2017 Legacy around 60kish miles

MD area, was sitting in the parking lot waiting for someone the temperature was reporting that it was around 99 F outside and all of a sudden my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. The eyesight went "offline" along with ABS and whatnot.

I was a bit confused (just had the 60k service done).

An advance autoparts was next door thankfully so I grabbed the diagnostics tool and two trouble code were reported

• Power train system P0072 "Ambient temperature sensor circuit ""A"" - LOW"

• Anti lock breaking system C1411 ECU

I drove home and left the car alone till Sunday evening and started it and the errors/check engine light was gone. Drove it for about an hour and nothing popped up again. Drove it again this morning and nothing so far.

Is this something I should be concerned about getting it check or maybe something with it being pretty hot and the car being idle in the parking lot while running.

Thanks!

Was it raining especially hard before the light came in, or was it extremely humid? I had a similar issue and it was water collected in the intake. This is my first Subaru so I do not know how they are set up but if the ambient temp sensor has condensation on it, that can really throw it off. That might have in turn also affected the ABS and many other things, since the PCM also takes traction control into consideration. ABS is tied to a great number of PCM sensors.

Nope it was clear sunny day. Not sure it was really humid, it was super hot that day while I was sitting in my car waiting in the parking lot

Ask a Question