can i add an aftermarket radiator??

Reaction score
Hello i have an 06 impreza automatic, and im looking for an aftermarket stronger radiator. Ive had issues before where it would either crack at the top or just not properly cool the car. I wanted to see if there was any aftermarket brands that work for automatics.

If you are using a good(new) factory radiator and having issues with cooling, chances are the radiator is not the problem. That being said, there are all aluminum radiators out there that will hold better than plastic but again unless you're doing some heavy stuff with your impreza the factory radiator should be more than adequate baring you dont have other underlying issues.

If you are using a good(new) factory radiator and having issues with cooling, chances are the radiator is not the problem. That being said, there are all aluminum radiators out there that will hold better than plastic but again unless you're doing some heavy stuff with your impreza the factory radiator should be more than adequate baring you dont have other underlying issues.

i went through 2 radiators before my motor went out on me, puttingin a new motor next week but wanted to see if there were possibly aftermarket radiators that work with automatic transsmission but every site i asked about would tell me they only sold stuff for manual

Ask a Question