Buy out lease?

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2019 ascent premium 44.5k miles. I extended my 3.5 yr lease to 4 years and it is up next month in February. I can give it back or buy it out. Buy out is like 17,500. Leased through chase Subaru. Kbb value is like 20k-24k

it’s in good condition. Probably needs new brake pads at next service. Couple of door dings from parked cars and one swipe of the garbage can.

I wouldn’t buy another ascent as I don’t really need such a large car anymore.( kids will all be in their own cars by next year) I don’t like the other Subaru models. I think only cars I’d get instead is x3 or xc60.
Trying to figure out if it makes sense to keep this another year or so so I can profit from the higher residual value from the buy out price. also the penny saver in me thinks dumb to have a higher monthly payment with a new car. ( my current monthly lease is $569) and clearly will go down if I finance to buy out. What would you all do?

Ask a Question