Baja x Legacy parts compatibility

Reaction score
hey, just bought a 2006 Subaru Baja after wanting and searching for one for about a year and a half now and its a bit of a project car. im wondering to what extent to legacy parts fit on Baja's, I have a legacy parts car and was wondering if things like the driveshaft, right signal/brake lights from the legacy.

also... it came from the factory with the turbo 2.5 and an automatic transmission but the guy before me put a 5 speed manual from a 1994 impreza STI and there is no speed sensor, i am wondering what speed sensor i need to make this work

ASWELL... im wondering if anyone knows of a place where i can get a lift kit that bolts right on top of the struts (looking for 2 inches)

Hey subiebaja2904! I just picked up a 2005 Turbo 5MT and I've learned that if you grab Legacy '00-'04, most parts bolt up.

From another forum I found...

"So, one thing to point out about the Baja Turbos: the entire drive train is identical to the Gen-7 Forester XT (2004-2007) drive train. As such, other parts that are linked to the drive train (such as the exhaust) are 100%
compatible to the Baja Turbo. As for the Baja, everything behind the rear axle is proprietary, but almost everything from there forward is shared with another platform (mostly Legacy).
Now to your predicament: exhaust. All models and years of the Baja share all but one of their exhaust parts with another platform. The headers, cats, gaskets, and midpipe are all straight from the Legacy. On the Baja Turbo however, the headers, cats, and gaskets are all shared with the Forester XT, while the midpipe is still from the Legacy. The muffler on both the NA and Turbo Bajas is proprietary, but is from what I understand shared between the two models and is
compatible for all years.

So, if you want to do a full [minus the cats] exhaust replacement, you can get Forester XT parts for everything IN FRONT of the midpipe. The midpipe can be pulled from a Gen-3 2.5L Legacy (2000-2004). The muffler will need to be from another Baja, or an aftermarket from Bosal. No one else (to my knowledge) produces this part. The hardest parts to find will be the headers, as not too many manufacturers produce them.

The most common exhaust failure is right at the flex joint where the rear cat pipe and midnipe meet. The engineers designed the joint to be in the exact spot that gets splashed on from the gunk kicked up from the tires. The gasket inside the flex joint is a metal mesh gasket, and at this point is probably rusted to hell and back and will crumble to dust when pulled"

I also just realized you may or may not have a turbo car.. at any rate '00-'04 Legacy stuff!

Ask a Question