baja N/A - Turbo

Reaction score
hello all, I am starting this thread as a informative resource for someone looking to add a turbo not swap a motor. I would say 80 percent of the posts I have found pertaining to this topic have said to not try and turbo just engine swap. and I disagree. yes you run the risk of throwing a rod if you give it to much boost. from what I have found with approx. 8 psi of boost on a N/A motor will surpass a wrx on 14 psi due to the higher compression ratio. I have also found and its not confirmed but under 8 psi the ECU will adapt and not go haywire under 8 PSI. this project of mine is almost but not yet complete. and I will keep you updated on the status and changes in this project if you wish. I have a 2006 baja N/A automatic. swapping with a 2001 legacy N/A motor that I have done, head gaskets, water pump, valves and all the gaskets in between. I am adding a TD04 turbo, if you guys want I will add a build sheet with everything I have bought for this project and prices for reference. I hope you guys are interested in my little project. thanks and have a great day.

Ask a Question