Baja acceleration stutter HELP!

Reaction score
hi guys, I'm new to this forum but excited. I have a 2005 Turbo Subaru Baja, the turbo went out about a year and a half ago and the vehicle had been sitting idle in my driveway since then. I have since replaced the turbo but I now have an acceleration issue. The engine seems to stutter for the first few thousand rpm's when accelerating. I used all the gas that was previously in the vehicle and changed the spark plugs. I have also driven the vehicle at least 20 miles + with some fresh gas but still the issue persists. Has anyone else had this same issue or are there any suggestion on what I should check next?

Nice to know Im not the only one having this problem. My Baja is doing the same thing. I don't have a check engine light on. I took the car to a local shop and they weren't pulling up any codes and say they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Any help or ideas would be great!

Took my Baja to the Subaru garage. They say the stutter is caused by one or more of the valves not seating properly. And for $2500 they can fix it.....

Ask a Question