Annoying engine on-off

Reaction score
Any way to stop the auto engine off other than hitting the switch every time you start the car?

This is only a suggestion and there are providers that offer multiple solutions for multiple manufacturers.
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2022-subaru-forester-autostop-eliminator
CAUTION:
Hire a Professional Technician to install this type of equipment. The bypass feature connects to the CAN (Controller Area Network) and it is NOT a toy to play with.
A Professional Technician will also test the integrity and communications of the network.
This bypass will affect your warranty - You have been warned.

Another test accomplished was with a trailer wiring harness installed and trailer light test adapter. The system will recognize that a trailer is being towed. A trailer light test adapter can be added to the existing trailer harness to "fool" the system..

This is only a suggestion and there are providers that offer multiple solutions for multiple manufacturers.
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2022-subaru-forester-autostop-eliminator
CAUTION:
Hire a Professional Technician to install this type of equipment. The bypass feature connects to the CAN (Controller Area Network) and it is NOT a toy to play with.
A Professional Technician will also test the integrity and communications of the network.
This bypass will affect your warranty - You have been warned.
Thanks for the info! Probably wait till I’m off warranty.

For a C note, yes. Pretty much plug and play. Look for it.
Side note: Get used to it. Every auto maker is doing it now for the emissions compliance. I can't say others have a simple relatively inexpensive work around, but at some point that may become illegal as well, Who knows, and I don't think is saves much, .08 gal per tank per my display and depending on stopping and conditions, but on a fleet level, it probably does.

Ask a Question