Adaptive Cruise Control

Reaction score
2020 Forester. How do I change how aggressively the cruise control will follow a preceding vehicle? I think I saw the option but can’t find it again. Thanks

So you want it a few lanes back. While you are in Cruise control, there's two buttons on the right of the steering wheel, push the back button and it should move you back a little. I know, when I used it, in comparison to my 2017 Honda CRV, the closest setting seemed way too close in my 2020 Forester. Just remember Audio on the left of the steering wheel, Cruise on the Right of the Steering wheel, everything is there.

So you want it a few lanes back. While you are in Cruise control, there's two buttons on the right of the steering wheel, push the back button and it should move you back a little. I know, when I used it, in comparison to my 2017 Honda CRV, the closest setting seemed way too close in my 2020 Forester. Just remember Audio on the left of the steering wheel, Cruise on the Right of the Steering wheel, everything is there.

thanks, I know that will change the spacing. What I would like to change is how aggressively the system responds to maintain that selected distance.

thanks, I know that will change the spacing. What I would like to change is how aggressively the system responds to maintain that selected distance.
Oooh okay, Not sure this is it but if not, it's probably on the same menu.. Refer to page 12 in Eyesight Quick Guide. Cruise control acceleration can be adjusted to four different levels go to i/set on your steering wheel (on the bottom)to access the EyeSight settings.

Oooh okay, Not sure this is it but if not, it's probably on the same menu.. Refer to page 12 in Eyesight Quick Guide. Cruise control acceleration can be adjusted to four different levels go to i/set on your steering wheel (on the bottom)to access the EyeSight settings.

Got it. Thanks

Ask a Question