99 outback p0304 mystery

Reaction score
I bought a outback for postal work, and it seemed all well but, a couple weeks in it starts misfiring. I replaced the wires, coilpack, and sparks but that only helped minorly, my regular mechanic can figure it out.
The misfires only seem to happen after a cold start and seem to actually happen less at high rpm, when the car gets heated up it disapears completely most times. It's strange because my mechanic said it seemed to be a good car no leaks or anything.
Any info will help it would be a bummer to have to find a new postal vehicle so soon.

Have your OCV checked and cleaned/replaced if needed. The OCV is oil control valve. It tells the engine when to increase/decrease timing. I had this issue in my car(2012 wrx) and I took out the ocv and found a little filter broken and clogging the valve. I removed the small pieces of broken filter, clean it with brake parts cleaner and put it back. No more issue!

Ask a Question