2021 Outback Premium High-pitched noise from dash

Reaction score
I am experiencing a high-pitched noise that is coming from the dash - can't tell exactly where but seems to be near the touchscreen display. The noise is best described as when your ears are ringing. I confirmed with other passengers that the sound is present. The sound is not always present and is not related to the AC. When it happens it will last the duration of the short trip - maybe up to 20-25 minutes. It is constant and the same volume. You can hear it over the radio if the radio is at a normal volume.

It's making me want to return the vehicle. Hoping someone here might know the source of it. Thanks!

If anyone has a similar issue, check the overhead speaker. Apparently a defective tweeter was causing the noise. Dealership swapped it out and so far so good.

I am experiencing a high-pitched noise that is coming from the dash - can't tell exactly where but seems to be near the touchscreen display. The noise is best described as when your ears are ringing. I confirmed with other passengers that the sound is present. The sound is not always present and is not related to the AC. When it happens it will last the duration of the short trip - maybe up to 20-25 minutes. It is constant and the same volume. You can hear it over the radio if the radio is at a normal volume.

It's making me want to return the vehicle. Hoping someone here might know the source of it. Thanks!

I have a 2020 Forester with the same issue. So far they have tried updating the radio and today they replaced the fan blower motor assembly. Made the noise again when I left the dealer and shut the car off at my house. Returning tomorrow.....they will give me a loaner because the car is under warranty.

Ask a Question