2021 Outback Onyx XT OIL Leak

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced an oil leak on a 2021 outback?

It all started right after a multi-point inspection. I was told it was an oil sensor leaking and scheduled the replacement service. I was told after the replacement it was checked and everything is good now and there should not be any leaking oil.

It sat overnight in the garage, and I looked this morning and I see a couple of oil spots on the floor. I will take it back there, however I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with a 2021 outback. It only has 35,000 miles.

thank you

Has anyone experienced an oil leak on a 2021 outback?

It all started right after a multi-point inspection. I was told it was an oil sensor leaking and scheduled the replacement service. I was told after the replacement it was checked and everything is good now and there should not be any leaking oil.

It sat overnight in the garage, and I looked this morning and I see a couple of oil spots on the floor. I will take it back there, however I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with a 2021 outback. It only has 35,000 miles.

thank you
This has been resolved.

Long delay, dealing with other issues. This was not resolved, I had to take it back to the dealership to find another oil leak. They found it was leaking in another area, and I was told the leak was not related to the previous leak. After that was fixed (2nd time), my Subaru developed another leak, and this time I was told it was coming from the camshaft gasket area, if I understood them correctly. The dealership has had my Subaru now for a week as they work on the repair.

Did these genius subaru techs even measure the crank case for exceeding pressures?
Two leaks should raise a few flags that is also dependent on oil quality and intervals.
You're welcome.

Did these genius subaru techs even measure the crank case for exceeding pressures?
Two leaks should raise a few flags that is also dependent on oil quality and intervals.
You're welcome.
Yes, I wonder how this has been happening. The first time they fixed the leak by replacing the sensor and they did the oil change, and the paper work shows genuine Subaru oil. There wasn't any mention of measuring pressures.
Thanks

I bought a used 2021 Outback XT Onyx a November ‘22 with 28,000 miles. When I took it in for its 30,000 mile check, I was told I had an oil leak at the lower oil pan. I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they “fixed” it. Next oil change, same thing. “ You have an oil leak.” So they “fixed” it again. Next oil change (different dealership) same thing. They said, “oh, we’ll fix that!” After a week of smelling oil, I noticed oil on my driveway. Brought it back. This time they kept it for a week. Said, “we finally figured it out! It’s fixed now!” 20 days later and on a road trip, I had to stop at a dealership for a weird noise, which they fixed. But told me, “btw, you have an oil leak!” WTF! After my trip, brought it in for an oil change. Still leaking! I have an appt. April 1 (uh oh) to fix it…I’m getting pretty frustrated!!! Ideas??

Did they check the Camshaft gasket area? That was the issue with my 2021 Outback XT Onyx. They had to pull the engine and re-seal it, and the dealership had the Outback for a week. So far no more oil leaks.

Ask a Question