2020 Outback remote start park locked, solved

Reaction score
My wife used her remote start via her I phone, it worked perfect. She came back in and said she could not get the car out of park,
we looked in the manual contacted Starlink and the dealer, no one had an answer. I found the answer myself, when you get in the car put your foot on the brake and push and hold the start stop button. A message will come up on the dash cluster the car is ready to drive, that releases the park lock.

perhaps its an antitheft thing or child safety thing so kid wont get in and roll away ?

If you start the car with your phone, when you get into the vehicle you must push on the break and push the start button in. This will let the car sense the key fob and allow you to take the car out of park.

Car maker did not imagine such a gasoline waster ever being installed.
Dont believe it?? Why do you think the vehicle has the auto start/stop.. to save gas not waste in one morning all the gas you can save at traffic lights in a month or more..

Ask a Question