2020 legacy - constantly asking to setup new profile

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing issue with 2020 legacy where is see's you as a new user to register? i've done several times and keeps asking.

Ideas?

(loving my new 2020 Legacy xlt touring turbo)

Anyone experiencing issue with 2020 legacy where is see's you as a new user to register? i've done several times and keeps asking.

Ideas?

(loving my new 2020 Legacy xlt touring turbo
no. haven't had the problem....just bought a leftover 2019 Legacy Limited.....
love it.... subaru # 7 for us over the years....going back to '89 Loyal GL [pre-legacy]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have an answer, but you "love" your touring XT. I am about to order one without test driving it as they have none on the lot. Any opinions how it drives compared to some of the entry level luxury cars like the Volvo S60 or the BMW three series? Thanks much.

Iceman, i really do like mine and feel its very comparable to some of the known luxury European sedans for fraction of the price.

Performance is great, Interior design, fit and finish is very nice. comfortable (what sold me).

For a first generation i think it is well done though the driver awareness and anti collision stuff being put in all cars today, this one included, i'm not a fan of. i do tend to turn off the driver aware feature and have to do every so many cycles. it turns back on so..

good luck

I have a 2020 Legacy, too, and it does that to me all the time. I think the reason is that the Driver Monitoring System is unsuccessfully scanning your face when you enter the car, and as such it does not know who you are and can't match you to a profile. At least I think that's what's happening. My Subaru dealer certainly can't tell me.

ITEngineer - i hear you. once Subaru fixes these issues i can easily remove it:) for now a much much better experience for me.

Same problem here. I have set up 3 profiles in my name. It usually recognizes one of me!! Its better but I have a Sybil complex now!

Ask a Question