2019 Subaru Impreza CD player mystery

Reaction score
New to the forum and new to Subaru. I just bought a 2019 Impreza a few weeks ago. I used to drive Nissan, and I'm super satisfied with my Impreza. I'm a happy driver. I'm, also a big music fan with nearly a thousand CDs, so imagine how happy I was that my IMpreza came equipped with a CD player, which is rare these days. The player works great and the sound is amazing through the 10 Harmon-Kardon speakers.

However, there is one issue with CD playback and I've found nothing online about this. The player does not recognize any media on a music CD that contains a bonus video for computer viewing. The CDs in question (I have three) play on all my other CD players, including the stock CD player in my wife's 2016 Honda CRV.

Has this happened to anyone else? None of my audiophile friends have heard of this, although one friend who runs a record store has heard of it happening. This is new to me. The fact that they play on every other unit, but not the Impreza's has me completely stumped.

Ask a Question