2019 Key fob question

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Legacy with keyless entry and push button start. The car came with 2 fobs. When I travel, or just everyday, I would like to have the 2nd fob in the car in case I lose or damage the first. The dealer and all the manuals tell me not to leave the 2nd fob in the car. Period! How can I carry a 2nd along in case of an emergency and have it safely in the car? Thanks for any suggestions.

Why not just keep it in your wallet/purse? That way you'll have it with you wherever you go.

The reason it's not recommended...Does the door handle sense hand motion option like on my STI, I can open the lock by simply grabbing door handle providing key fob is in vicinity. If yours doesn't, then that's not an issue.
However,
Somebody breaks in car, and finds your spare key fob...Guess what? We going for a joy ride!!
I keep my spare key set for all vehicles and key fobs in a safe, where I know they're safe!!

Ask a Question