2019 Crosstrek oil consumption?

Reaction score
Hello all. New member and new Subaru owner.
I purchased a 2019 Crosstrek with the manual six speed transmission a year ago. The car had 17,980 miles on it. Besides the rev-hang it's nice.
My problem: At 20,001 miles my oil light came on while driving to Tennessee. I checked oil before and it was a hair under the top dot on the dip stick. This was only a 800 mile trip for me. Took it to the dealership and they said nothing is wrong with the car, they said I had literally almost no oil. How and why? I have a 1989 F250 with a quarter million miles with the original 302 that doesn't burn any oil between 3k mile oil changes.
What should I do?
I love this car by the way, besides the rev-hang

Hello all. New member and new Subaru owner.
I purchased a 2019 Crosstrek with the manual six speed transmission a year ago. The car had 17,980 miles on it. Besides the rev-hang it's nice.
My problem: At 20,001 miles my oil light came on while driving to Tennessee. I checked oil before and it was a hair under the top dot on the dip stick. This was only a 800 mile trip for me. Took it to the dealership and they said nothing is wrong with the car, they said I had literally almost no oil. How and why? I have a 1989 F250 with a quarter million miles with the original 302 that doesn't burn any oil between 3k mile oil changes.
What should I do?
I love this car by the way, besides the rev-hang
I have the same model. Oil Consumption began at 33,000. I cannot get to the 6000 mile mark without consuming at least a quart of oil. Subaru denies anything wrong with me having to add oil every 5000 miles, in fact they say it's normal. Yeah right, I did not buy a new car to tote a quart of oil around while it is still under warranty. No one does. They say that manual transmissions burn more oil, my point is ok fine, but why not build an oil reservoir large enough to prevent this inconvenience. It's pretty scary that you are going along fine and the you get a low oil light warning and the oil level is well below the low dot. Happened to me in the mountains far away from civilization the first time with no cell service. Talk about crossed fingers driving a Crosstrek. Hugely disappointing. I read the Consumer Reports has an uptick of Oil Consumption complaints for the 2019.

Ask a Question