2018 WRX battery problems.

Reaction score
I bought a used 2018 WRX about 2 months ago. Had no problems until now. Something is draining my battery. The owner before me upgraded to a stage 2 perrin with the Cobb AP. I unplug my AP every time I get out the car for the day or even on the weekend thinking it might be draining it. By Monday the battery is still dead. The battery was bought in Feb this year. Had it tested at Autozone and it passed. Any clue what could be doing this? Or what I can look for and test? Thanks.

An AMP clamp attached to the battery negative cable will measure the current draw. Be aware, when the doors are opened or closed, the network will wake up. After a short while, the network should enter sleep mode.
The AMP clamp around the negative cable is non-intrusive.
Test the alternator output as well via the same connection with the AMP clamp.
Test all the doors and rear gate / trunk to ensure closing. Test the ignition key system to ensure OFF.
The current draw max should be 0.50mA and as low as 0.20mA.
If there is a parasitic draw, the AMP clamp will capture the value. The best test is with a multi-meter and set to reading the mV across the fuses. High readings across one or more fuses would indicate a parasite within the circuit. A schematic is required to inspect the circuit for the parasite.

Ask a Question