2018 Outback recall for milage update

Reaction score
OK...not really happy with my service of this car. Had a recall for some kind of update that effected the readings of how much gas was being consumed and whatever...I NEVER noticed that the vehicle was having a problem, was told by the dealer and the recall notice also stated DO NOT LET it get below 1/4 tank of gas because I may indeed run out. Finally had the UPDATE done, once I filled the tank which was the next morning, I BEGAN to have problems. initially showed I had 470 mile to empty (fine) then after driving about a 1/2 mile on the highway it dropped to 450 and continues to drop even though my gas gauge is reading full. it also is constantly reading how many miles to the gallon I am using which is CONSTANT anywhere from 19 to 30 depending if I am going up or down hills. It has never done that. It usually updates as I am driving after a couple of miles. It is actually moving so quick it is like being on a roller coaster. Anyone else having this same issue? I have put calls in to the dealer and I am still waiting to here back from him.

Yes, Subaru is recalling all 2018 Outback SUVs and 2018 Legacy sedans due to a faulty fuel gauge which could cause the driver to run out of fuel and the car to stall on the road.

The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) says 228,648 vehicles are affected in the US.

Yes, Subaru is recalling all 2018 Outback SUVs and 2018 Legacy sedans due to a faulty fuel gauge which could cause the driver to run out of fuel and the car to stall on the road.

The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) says 228,648 vehicles are affected in the US.
yes! I had the recall done and now it is acting like it was not installed correctly, or the update they did, did not work.

yes! I had the recall done and now it is acting like it was not installed correctly, or the update they did, did not work.
It probably was a mistake on their part. The best you can do is wait to hear back from them.

They will likely ask you to come in sometime to the auto-shop and provide additional assistance during that process. They'll work things from there.

Ask a Question