2018 Outback Price worth it or not?

Reaction score
I am looking at Outbacks. I came across a 2018 Premium with the eyesight, power liftgate, blindspot, rear cross traffic, high beam assist package.

It has 76,000 miles and they want $17,800 for it.

I'm older and don't drive much and can't remember how to figure out miles vs years etc.

Is this worth it or not? It has no accidents and great service records.

Thank you for any advice
Granny

If it is 76 thousand miles on it, that is rather high miles for a one year old car! I would suspect a salesman's or corporate car with those kind of miles. If you misplaced your comma and it is 7,600 miles, that is lower than average, assuming the "average" is 12,000 a year.
The high miles may not be a bad thing as it would mean a lots of highway miles and not just short "stop and go" trips around town which cause more wear than highway miles. I bought a 4 year old Subaru Loyale with 145,000 on it that was a salemans car and it ran great; very reliable. If the service records are complete (ie servicing done routinely and all required maintenance intervals done when needed), that can give you an indication of being well cared for and not beaten while driven.
You dont mention the engine size, option package etc, so price is hard to say. Go to https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/ or other car pricing sites and see what they give for similar cars (year, model,options, mileage). That will give you a good idea of whether the price is reasonable or not. Be sure to factor in the costs of your upcoming 90,000 maintenance that will be due soon.
If you're buying from a dealer, tell him you'll give him $x dollars for the car, and that INCLUDES him doing the 90k service with all parts and labor included. While they may charge the public say $300 or whatever to do that service package, it certainly doesnt cost them that much to do it because they are getting the parts and labor at dealer cost, not public pricing. They may come back with "but that's a $300 value!"; just know that it doesnt cost them that price cuz they're the dealer and they get wholesale pricing while charging you retail. Sure, it wil cost them some money (way less than they will charge the public), but it also will establish a relationship between you and the dealer and could mean a long term customer for them. Make sure to point that out to him so he sees future dollar signs from you as a customer. If they treat you right, keep going back to him; if not, there's plenty of other dealerships and independent repair shops that can.
I'm in the Cincy area too and looking for an outback, so I'm gathering my resources too. Havent found a local independent shop yet, but check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/CincinnatiSubarus/ and see what they know for shops near you

That would be a lot of miles, it is a Subaru. If it has good maintenance records, I would go for it

Ask a Question