2018 Crosstrek Starlink Weirdness

Reaction score
I’ve had a new Crosstrek Premium for 2 months (my third Subaru), and I’m seeing some strangeness in the 6.5” system.

First, yesterday I was using my iPhone for nav through Apple Car Play, while also listening to the radio. I pushed the arrow button on the steering wheel to change stations and nothing happened. Next I pressed the button on the wheel that is supposed to, according to the manual, trigger the built-in voice recognition. Instead of the built in, it fired up Siri, which didn’t know how to change the station. So I pushed the Radio button to switch to the Radio screen, and all of my preset stations were gone, with all the buttons now labeled “hold”.

So I guess I have two questions:
1. What would cause all my presets to vanish?
2. How do I get to the built in voice system while using Car Play (pushing the button and not holding it down brings up the built in if no Car Play, but brings up Siri with Car Play)?

Thanks!

Ask a Question