2015 subaru /forester /4dr cvt 2.5i pr

Reaction score
so my sister bought a Subaru from Darrell Waltrip Subaru in Brentwood T.N back on 07/25/2018 it had 72,078 now has 115200k miles she still owe $16,200.00 it been over heating so i replaced the radiator cap and thermostat and still had issue took it in and they said it was the thermostat i told them i just changed it so they had it for 3 days and charged me $634.31 but they got Subaru of America to pay $334.31 of it and i paid $300.00 well i took it back on 5/31 and told them still have issue with it over flowing the reservoir they re checked it and decide to tell me there first finding was wrong so just got a call today saying it going to coast me $3920.00 to replace that's with them get help from Subaru of America to cover $1000.00 of it so wanted to know if this a fair price to have done and if in 150,000 miles am i going to have to this all over again or should i just take the repo and let them come get it

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Uhh...punctuation? Maybe then there would be a response. (FYI...yeah, my first time in this forum, but am an Admin on two other forums...just a suggestion.)

Good grief!
Sounds like a total RIP off at those prices.
It also sound like if they can't diagnose it, and if all else fails. Replacing the engine will fix it.
I would suggest getting a second opinion on it from another shop.
It sounds like you have a blown head gasket problem.
You could try and run some head gasket sealer thru it first and see how that does.
Good luck.

Ask a Question