2015 Legacy 3.6r Sunroof leak

Reaction score
Good morning I just arrived here and am the proud owner of a 2015 Legacy 3.6r but that could be changing. Recently I found a leak from the drivers side A pillar and had the dealer have a look. They did not find anything and did a courtesy clean on the drains. 3 weeks later its back in the shop for the same thing. They just called me to say that it appears the gasket seal is somewhat warped and is passing more water then the drain can process. as a result it bleeds into the cabin and it would cost near $400 as the glass would need to b replaced since it is a one piece unit. I told them being a 2015 with 33K and having the Subaru gold plus coverage this to me should be replace as a defect. They had already replaced the air deflector as it had cracked on the left side also so I am not happy with the response so far. They said they would put in a claim to Subaru and get back to me... any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

UPDATE: so the dealer contacted Subaru corporate and they agree with me... imagine that. They will replace the sunroof no charge... OK I am back on the Subaru band wagon.. :)

Well, they should replace it for free especially if your vehicle is still under warranty.

Ask a Question