2015 Legacy 3.6R Maintenance Questions

TEH

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post in this forum and looking for some great feedback on maintenance of my 2015 Legacy 3.6. I am a long distance commuter putting roughly 600 miles per week on my car. It’s at about 88k miles right now and has been very reliable. The only service I have done are regular oil changes, filters, brakes and a set of plugs around 40k miles. I’m now at the point of considering selling it or keeping it and riding it out for as many miles as possible.

From what I have read, the 3.6 doesn’t have the same head gasket issues, is that true? What other maintenance should I get done between now and 100k? Do I need to change the CVT fluids, differential, PCV valve, etc? Probably a dumb question, but the reason I’m asking is I don’t have time to do much of the repairs myself and would require the dealer to do it which will be very costly. Also, should I change all fluids over to Amsoil? Would that help with getting more mileage out of the car? Can I get 200-250k with proper maintenance?

really appreciate any help and guidance as I am at the crossroads of keeping and investing or selling.

Ask a Question