2014 SUB LEG

Reaction score
My son noticed that he had a few things going on with the right front of his vehicle such as a banging noise, which was determined that he had a control arm bushing that was bad, also had a noise that was diagnosed as the wheel bearing ( SAME SIDE ) so he installed the new parts.

After driving the vehicle he noticed a few days later that he had all his lights on with a code PO500 possible VSS - Lights on are the ABS, Check Engine , Brake light and would even go in to limp mode.

Thinking that he did something wrong he replaced the wheel sensor maybe a bad one was sent?? still there, he did some research and found if the magnet in the wheel hub was install incorrectly then ........ after he replaced that nothing changed. Brought it to a garage he replaced the VSS..... still the same, He then recommended the EBCM so that was changed and when he got it back it ran great for that day and on the way home in the dark with lights on it started acting up again in limp mode lights flashing all the same symptoms so we check the batter and found a bad battery and that was changed..... NOTHING so we tested the alternator from the back and found it was NOT charging. With a load on the alternator lights, heater, radio, wipers and so on it was only putting out 12.25 to 12.5 volts so we replaced that and now the vehicle is charging but NOPE still same shit.

I am looking for some ideas and a Diagnostic & Schematic of his vehicle. Has anyone seen this?? Also note that the garage put a used EBCM and I am trying to get the old one back as that was clearly not the issue...... Do they need to be programed after they have been installed.

Ask a Question