2012 Legacy Won’t start help.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Bought a Legacy from my oldest daughter for my youngest so familiar with the history on the car. Just had the timing belt, water pump and tensioner replaced. Had it for 3 months and drove it about 10 times and everything fine. The key fob battery died and I replaced it. Didn’t try to start it only clicked it to hear it lock and unlock then tossed the key in the garage. 4 days later I needed to move the car and started it and it ran for about 5 seconds then died.

when I try and start it, it makes no sound and the security indicator flashes. When I go to unlock with the fob, the indicator goes out and the engine turns then security indicator comes back on and engine won’t turn again. I ran through the fob reprogramming with the code in the fob and the locking and unlocking of the doors. It chimed and responded with all the correct chirps and door lock engagement, but still won’t start. All fuses are good and I also followed the unlock 6 times on the fob that’s recommended when changing batter( should have googled before I pulled the battery) and still won’t start.

Any advice on anything I may have missed or suggestions before I get it towed and get hammered by the stealership?
Appreciate any help that you can offer.

I had something like this happen to me ...... car wouldn't start and the security light would come up. Turned out to be the electronic steering lock wouldn't open .... ordered a new one and I am now up and running

Ask a Question