2011 Subaru Outback shudders/dies

Reaction score
I've had my 2011 Subaru Outback for a few years now. It's always had this weird SMALL shudder when I come to a stop. It happens during all times of the year, no matter the temp or how long the car has been warmed up. It does not happen EVERY time. It only happens when the car is almost at a standstill. The shudder seems like it's coming from the engine compartment somewhere. Subaru mechanics have looked for it several times and cannot tell me what it is.
Jumping to two weeks ago, my car shuddered BIG TIME and died after coming to a stop at an intersection. This has now happened three times. Each time I was able to re-start my car just fine. I replaced the battery after finding my car dead several times in a row when trying to leave my house/work. I replaced the battery, but lo and behold, my car shuddered and died again when coming to a stop at an intersection today. I thought alternator, maybe? Keep in mind, it is still doing this small intermittent shudder when it doesn't actually die completely.

Thanks in advance.

I realize this is a year old post, but its my first reply on this site I have had a 2009 outback and had similar signs which happened when the battery was disconnected and it was a few days before it seemed to reset I learned there is a battery reconduct procedure it seemed to eliminate the issue

Ask a Question