2010 Outback Premium 2.5i downshifting issue, when slowing down??

Reaction score
I bought a used 2010 Outback 2.5i Premium recently. I've been noticing that when I'm slowing down, like to go over a speedbump, that there is a noticable downshifting, sort of, feeling. Not all of the time. It's subtle, but noticable. The dealership that I bought it from showed me paperwork that listed all of the various work they did on the car. A lot of things, including: Both Head Gaskets, Cam Seal replaced, Intake Gasket replaced, Cam Shaft End Cap, replaced, Timing Belt replaced, Waterpump replaced, Catalytic Converter replaced, leaking OSV switch replaced, Right Front Balljoint replaced, Blower Motor replaced, Power Steering Flush. Air Filter and PVC Valve, Cabin Air Filter replaced, Machined Front and Rear Rotors. Wow! A lot of stuff. Car has 107K miles, and looks fairly mint (was garaged), no accidents, one owner. Should I be concerned about the downshifting issue (that's what it feels like, but not totally sure what it is.)? Thanks for your thoughts.

Ask a Question