2010 Impeza sport premium hatch tranny problems

Reaction score
Hello every one, I really could use someones knowledge. I own a 2010 Impreza hatchback with the Sport and Premium packages installed. Well up to a week ago the Imp was running and shifting great. Now it is shifting with a combination delay and a small jerk as it grabs the next gear ratio.It is shifting normal 60% of the time.

My question is pretty basic as I do not do DIY tranny work. Could it be as easy as a fluid flush and change with fresh. Oh it has 69,000 miles and is 12 years old. I did put $1500 down for a new exhaust from the resonator back, using stock Subi parts. But is driven every other day or so maybe., Being a senior I don't beat or race this vehicle. Since it is shifting I am hoping low or burnt fluid. I am hoping it is not a solenoid or serious internal problems aka bearings, valve body, internal filter causing me to get a rebuilt tranny. I still have to do a VIN to what tranny do I have.

Also I am looking for a Subaru Gear-head in the Western New York (Buffalo/Niagara Falls) area. If you have had your arms buried in an EJ25 or a TR? Tranny and live in the area please contact me.

Ask a Question