2010 Forester Winter Package Questions:)

Reaction score
How can I tell for sure if the Winter package is installed? I have heated seats because the Heat Controls are there and the seats get hot when on and cool down when off... and the heated seats only come with the Winter Package... but... How do I tell if the Front Windshield wiper area and the Outside Mirrors actually have the heating elements?
I understand from the owners manual the rear Defrost switch is set up to run the windshield heater and exterior mirror heaters for 15 mins when depressed. I have read, in a forum, the exterior windshield and mirrors do not put out heat unless the temperature is below 37º. I live in Tallahassee FL where it rarely gets that cold so the chances to test are rare.
I am setting up the car to be used by my daughter in Chicago so I would like to verify the functions. Etc. You know like maybe put the 37º sensor in an ice bath to fool it in to working etc...
I have removed both the exterior mirrors and in each case there are two sets of wires coming from the door interior in to the mirror. On both mirrors one set of the wires is not connected to anything.
Any ideas comments are welcome, Thanks

I have found out: holding in the defrost button for 3 secs will "force on" the Weather Package's defrost windshield and heated mirrors. After "forcing on" I can feel heat under the wipers and the mirrors appear to be working also. All is well.

Ask a Question