2009 legacy radio powers on but no sound

Reaction score
I have a 2009 legacy limited with the Harmon Kardon system with 6 disc changer. The other day out of nowhere the stereo made a pop sound and the speakers went to full static at max volume and would not stop until car was shut off. Once I turned the car back on everything powers on but no sound at all. While driving it will all the sudden start the static noise at full volume even with the radio off and only way to stop it is to turn off the car and restart. Anyone have any ideas what could be doing this? I have traced and followed wire and removed seat to check for loose connections to Amp down there but can't find anything wrong. Thanks

I have a 2009 legacy limited with the Harmon Kardon system with 6 disc changer. The other day out of nowhere the stereo made a pop sound and the speakers went to full static at max volume and would not stop until car was shut off. Once I turned the car back on everything powers on but no sound at all. While driving it will all the sudden start the static noise at full volume even with the radio off and only way to stop it is to turn off the car and restart. Anyone have any ideas what could be doing this? I have traced and followed wire and removed seat to check for loose connections to Amp down there but can't find anything wrong. Thanks
check the antenna plug? maybe at the antenna too.

I have a similar issue with my 2013 Legacy with the Harmon Kardon system minus the disc changer. Mine started off with some interference noise through the one speaker used for phone calls and progressed to all the speakers with the radio still working, then to no radio working at all. Did you ever fix your issue?

I’m having the exact same problem, did you find any solution? Right now I have the 20A fuse for “audio amp” pulled and I’m not having any max volume static but obviously also have no music or anything either.

Ask a Question