2007 Outback - Powerfold mirrors but no button to fold them in?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First post here. I've just upgraded/sidestepped to a 2007 Outback Auto from a 2006 Legacy Estate/Wagon 5-speed. The new one has a lot of options that the other didn't, full leather, parking sensors, heated seats etc... Having gotten used to folding the mirrors in and out by hand on the Legacy, I discovered that the new one also has powerfold mirrors, as they folded out automatically when I turned the ignition on. But... there is no button for folding them back in again! The manual shows this button and it's definitely missing from mine. Just a blank where it would be. Seems like the button was an extra even after powerfold mirrors had been optioned?

Anyway, my question is, given that the mirrors fold themselves out at ignition on, is there a way to have them fold in again at ignition off or better still, alarm activation?

Failing that, I'm wondering what would be involved in adding that missing button... Any pointers or suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm in the UK by the way.

Ask a Question