2006 Subaru Forester: Squeaking when steering from cold start for 2 seconds.

Reaction score
About a month ago, I replaced my front serpentine belt because it was squealing when I was on the road. After getting it replaced, it ran smooth like butter, no noise, until one day, I turn and the noise came back, but only for 2 seconds.

So say I havent ran the engine for an hour or two, so I assume its cold by then. Once I turn the car on and start steering, the steering squeal noise comes back, but only for about 2-3 seconds as I'm steering. Either after the 2 seconds, or once I stop steering, its all good. the only time afterward is maybe if I'm cutting off the wheel, like the steering wheel is turned to the max left or right, and its maybe 50% of the time.

Is this a sign of a failing belt? Is it the pump going bad? Or is it that my fluid needs changing, I haven't changed the power steering fluid since I got it a year ago, so could that be it?

Ask a Question