2005 Forester AT temp light trouble shooting

Reaction score
I just bought a beater 2005 Forester and it ran fine on the highway for 3 trips of around 50 miles. The problem is when I sit in stop and go traffic I get a trans temp warning, check eng.

Fluid is up to full on the warm marks. What is the correct path? Scan codes or drain and replace filters and screens?

Is there a FAQ for this?

Thanks!
Mac

So this is odd. 2005 Forester dosen't seem to respond to the transmission 1,2,1,2,3,D or the head light trip odo trick.

Thoughts?

So the codes are:
P0700 Transmision control system malfunction
P0700 Possible Causes Shorted or open circuit within Transmission Control Module (TCM) Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)

P0733 Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio
P0733 Possible Causes Low transmission fluid level Dirty transmission fluid Shift solenoids Transmission mechanical problems Transmission hydraulic control circuit
P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio
P0734 Possible Causes Low transmission fluid level Dirty transmission fluid Shift solenoids Transmission mechanical problems Transmission hydraulic control Circut

It seems to drive fine so I guess I'll start with transmission fluid and screen / filter...

Any thoughts? It is strange that I'm not seeing anything about temperature??

Pan off, it has the 3 bolt pick up. Local parts Napa and O'really say 16 bolt pick up?? Special ordered the 3 bolt. putting it back together now.

Ask a Question